Thursday 15 May 2014

Mother's Day

It has taken me a long time to get around to writing this post.  I had thought about writing it several times, but I just couldn't find the words.  It's not that I didn't want to, nor that I was forbidden, but it was, and is, because how can this experience be put into words?

This past Sunday was Mother's Day, and as I sat in church listening to the speakers honouring mothers everywhere, my mind went to my earthly mother and what I would say about her if I were asked to speak.  Then I began thinking of a teaching of Brigham Young about our first mother Eve, and as I sat there contemplating his teaching, my mind opened and I was corrected on my understanding of our Mother Eve.

It was shocking to me to learn that I had thought so poorly of her and Adam all these years.  I did not think as I had often heard from others, that Mother Eve and Father Adam transgressed and were removed from the Garden thereby bringing sin and suffering into the world.  That is just foolishness and such a shallow, wicked description of our first earthly parents.  But my thoughts had been that leaving the Garden had been a necessary part of the plan, and that was understandable and acceptable to me.  But what bothered me most was how they did it, or rather, how I thought they did it.  Owing to the false teachings, or perhaps I should say my misunderstanding of generations old teachings, I was under the false impression that Adam and Eve had betrayed each other.

Although, nothing could be further from the truth of this matter.

Tears flowed down my cheeks, as the scene was unfolded before me.  I learned that Adam loved Eve with a pure love, and Eve loved Adam with a pure love.  There was no enmity there; nor was there any betrayal.  Our mother, the mother of all living, was the most loving creature to ever walk the earth.  I would like to express how events unfolded in the Garden of Eden, but I have neither the eloquence, nor the vocabulary to write it, and so I will leave the subject for the time being, and commend any who read this, and long to know the most fantastic love story ever, to seek it from it's source.

This revelation prepared me for an even more astounding discovery.  On Monday (the 12th) I was reading a blog of a woman whom I respect and admire very much, and her most recent post Honoring my Heavenly Mother Today touched my soul.

I too desired to know of my Heavenly Mother, and so I made it a matter of prayer and took it to God.  And while in the Spirit, our Heavenly Father and His Son stood with me and in the distance, beyond another veil, I could feel a presence.  It was my Heavenly Mother!  As she drew nearer, the veil grew thinner and I could hear her.  "Hear" is the only word I can think of to describe it.  She has a harmonic vibration that resonates from her.

As she drew near to the veil, my heart cried out, NO!  Don't let her see me.

I longed to see her, to be in her presence, but how could I ever contaminate her with my presence.  I knew of nothing, save my filthiness.  I could feel the love emanate from her from beyond the veil, and I was not worthy of that love.  To let my Mother see what I have become was a truly terrifying thought.

I asked Heavenly Father to tell Her that I loved her.  But instantly told him not to use my name.  There was no way that I wanted my filthy name pronounced in her presence, to soil her perfect ears.

But I longed for that love that I could feel emanating from beyond that veil.  I could feel it get stronger and stronger as she approached.  I cannot describe the amount and purity of love that emanates from Her, but I can say that standing between Heavenly Father and the Saviour is bliss, and our Heavenly Mother's presence exceeds them both.  I felt that if she were to show Herself in Her full glory, I would instantly disintegrate.

I couldn't take it any more.  I had to be in her presence, no matter the cost.  

Then in the most sweetest mercy, my Mother and Father and others, laid their hands upon my head.

... 

I am so very sorry for ever saying, thinking, feeling, or doing anything against Mother Eve.  And I will stand as a witness for Her and Her love for us forever. 

I learned so many things.  Things that I cannot figure out how to even relate.  I have tried several times to write a simple sentence, but it just isn't working.  I cannot do it justice.  So I will try my best to describe one last thought and tell all who read this, go to God for clarification.

Our Heavenly Mother is the most loving person to ever have walked this earth.  She is the Mother of all Creation.  She is Love.  She is the source from which all life flows.  And all Her daughters are destined to be as She is.

To the men, I say, don't you dare say anything about Her daughters.  It is your destiny, your highest glory to exalt your wives, as our Heavenly Father does.  

See your Heavenly Mother for yourself, and learn in person who she is.

.

10 comments:

  1. I recently became aware of your blog after reading a comment you made on another site - I have now read and in some cases re-read all of your posts, I thank you for them, for the time you take to share your thoughts and experiences - I loved reading your last post on our Heavenly Mother, how difficult it is to share spiritual experiences that there are no words for to adequately express what you experience with all of your senses. I haven't reached your level of spiritual maturity but I try to be obedient in all things as the spirit directs and perhaps one day ....I probably have a long way to go :0)

    Well I just wanted to tell you that there are people out there searching for the truth, and that I am grateful for the time you invest in trying to reach out and teach others - Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dionne, thank-you so much for your kind reply. Your words are so sweet to me. Though, truly, I don't deserve them. I already went against my own counsel.

      Just the other day a friend reminded me of her betrayal. It happened years ago, but re-opened the wound, and I got very upset at her. I made a couple of comments to her of how much it hurt me, and how cruel she was to flaunt it, and I said that she was very mean. And the Spirit withdrew from me.

      All day and into the next I struggled in darkness. I knew I had been way too harsh. And that she wasn't trying to hurt me. Yet it tore open the wound, and I focused on my pain, instead of on her. And it wasn't until this afternoon that I was able to forgive again and have the Holy Spirit return.

      I certainly don't feel very spiritually mature, but your kind words encourage me to do better. We keep our focus on the Lord and keep in a constant state of repentance and keep working on our shortcomings, and the Lord will have mercy on us. You are worth everything!! And it wouldn't surprise me that angels are around you at all times, and if you won't soon see them.

      Thank-you for helping me!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. My gosh Joseph, this made me cry... this is so awesome and reflects those feelings I felt too - that amazing love that you can't even describe! This whole account - just AWESOME!! Thank you for sharing another witness of the most amazing Mother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jules, ...
      If it weren't for you,...!

      I love reading your blog. The Spirit burns when you speak. Your testimony has brought light into my eyes more than once. Thank-you for sharing your experiences. I am continually amazed at how much love our Heavenly Parents have for us.

      I will always be grateful to you, for "introducing" me to our Mother.

      Delete
  3. I would like to serve as a second Witness, I had a similar experience where I was blessed by Heavenly Father and heavenly mother and Jesus! I didn't see anything it was a feeling of energy electricity, love, joy! Actually I'm really happy to find someone who had a similar experience to mine. I had to ask though. I don't think they come unless they feel really welcome and needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dora, Thank-you so much for your kind reply. I am very happy to meet you. I would love to hear more of your experiences. I do agree with you, I have also found that we have to ask. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always known that Mother Eve was not the whole story & appreciate your courage in sharing your experience. thank you!!!
    Much Love, Sister Sande CHeney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Sister Sande. I have only posted a short outline of what happened. Perhaps someday, I will post a more full account.
      Thank-you so much, for your kind words!

      Delete